Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Girls Cruise

I just got back from a 7 day cruise aboard the Carnival Liberty. It was a fantastic trip!! I went with 12 other nurses I work with at UAMS. We started our adventure in Miami, where we arrived a day early and spent night in South Beach. I ended up with a terrible headache that night and hated to miss the nightlife in Miami (which I heard was very INTERESTING!!!). The next day we boarded our stretch Hummer limo and headed to the cruise port in Ft. Lauderdale.


The view from Miami where we had just returned from Miami Ink, don't worry-No Tattoos!!!(Robin, Melanie, Temekis) The Beacon Hotel (where we spent 1 night) right in the heart of South Beach.
Katherine and I having our afternoon cocktail!!



The shoreline of South Beach



Erin, Temekis, Melanie and Sandra the first night aboard the boat.




Sandra, Katherine, me and Melanie




Our first port was Carnival's private island in the Bahamas-Half Moon Cay, where we rented a cabana with a personal chef and bar tender just for us!!! We all agreed this was the highlight of our trip, things got pretty crazy this afternoon!! This is us on our own private slide!!






Sandra and Robin relaxing in the sun!!



Me and Melanie working on our tans!!




Sorry, picture is not that good. (Arrival at our Private Oasis)
Private Oasis, the water was COLD, but BEAUTIFUL!!

Fun times in the ocean!!
Oh, did I mention our own private hot tub!
Another slide picture (we called this the Choo-Choo Train)



Katherine and Robin at dinner.



After day #2 (spent at sea) we arrived on beautiful St. Thomas where we boarded a ferry to St. John, this is the highest peak on St. John. The views were absolutely breathtaking, the pictures don't do it justice.



Melanie and I overlooking Trunk Bay.

Toooo beautiful to describe!!





Trunk Bay where we got to snorkel.


St. John



Shannon, Susan, Katherine, Debbie, me, Melanie and Sandra in St. John











St. Thomas




Dressed up for formal night


In our matching anchor robes


After St. Thomas/John, we arrived in San Juan where we met up with one of Katherine's friends who lives there for a sightseeing tour. It's really a pretty, historical city.





Sandra, Melanie and I back on the boat


Shannon and Erin enjoying some cocktails






Temekis and Melanie doing the same.
Me and my blue margarita


After San Juan came Grand Turk- part of the Turks and Caicos islands (which is for sure a place I will return, absolutly beautiful)


The ship in Grand Turk



Picture I took of us from our balcony (docked in Grand Turk)


Grand Turk



Katherine and I in drinking a margarita in Margaritaville


On the catamaran during our snorkeling trip in Grand Turk (the water looks just like a swimming pool)


Wasting away again in Margaritaville!





Harrison wanting to go BYE BYE with mommy-I sure missed my kiddos and by the end was ready to get home!!










































No comments: